Partner: Zajednica sportskih udruga grada Rijeke "Riječki Sportski Savez" - Rijeka's Sports Association
Rijeka's Sports Association, allying all sports clubs in the City of Rijeka, is the promoter of the Programme of public sports programme co-funding in the City of Rijeka, which is presented through the City administration department for sports and technical culture to the government of the City of Rijeka.
Rijeka Sports Association has the following basic duties:
- coordination of their members' activities, fostering and promoting sports in accordance with the National sports development programme, specifical sports for children, youth, students and the disabled;
- proposing programmes of public sports programme co-funding and taking an active role in their development;
- responsibility for categorized sportsmen and implementation of legal provisions protecting their rights;
- taking an active part in arrangements for important international sports events;
- cooperation with the Croatian Olympic Committee, Croatian Paralympic Committee and Croatian Deaf People's Sporting Society as well as taking an active part in the development of criteria for the utilization of sporting facilities and school sports halls by sports clubs in the City of Rijeka.
RSS currently has a program and existing cooperation with primary and secondary schools, particularly with the professors of physical education - kinesiologists, in which, throughout the year, it carries out various sports activities. Coaches are employees of RSS who conduct training processes in the clubs but are also involved in working with young people in primary and secondary schools.
Basic targets of the Programme of public sports programme co-funding in the City of Rijeka are:
- investments in the development of junior sportsmen in order to foster sporting culture;
- upgrading public health and creating solid grounds for the preservation of the level of quality of sports activities in Rijeka and its further increase;
- upgrading the top and average levels and the general sporting quality which fosters the development of sports and contributes to the renown of the city;
- animation of as many citizens as possible regardless of their age and gender, special co-funding for joining disability sports;
- construction, completion/adaptation of sporting infrastructure.
RSS is the organizer of the biggest recreational event in Croatia which involves around 10,000 citizens of all ages, from preschools, children, elementary and secondary school pupils, senior citizens and people with disabilities. These activities are allocated regular and occasional financial support for 220 sports clubs with approx. 18,000 active athletes of different ages, out of which 9,500 either registered or unregistered sports club members and over 5,000 students and recreationists.
They are very active in coordinating and implementing EU projects. Current projects coordinated by the Rijeka Sport's Association are:
- PASSPORT (Erasmus+ Sport, collaborative partnership, dual-career of the athletes);
- A Path to TranSportAction (Erasmus+, KA2, promotion of gender equality in rural areas, countering sexism and gender stereotypes, all through sport combined with informal education methods);
- BETTER (Erasmus+ Sport, small collaborative partnership, promotion of traditional European sports and games – bocce);
- s-PORTEND ( Erasmus+, KA104, adult mobility and education through sport).
Current projects RSS is a partner organization on are:
- Traditional games are meeting,
- Move to improve,
- Good governance in sport,
- Green seal,
- Sport Diplomacy Academy,
- Let's take sport out of youth.
The main topics of our projects are anti-doping, good governance in sport, social inclusion and equal opportunities, encouraging participation in sport and physical activity, dual careers of athletes, promoting European traditional sports and games, mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and staff of non-profit sports organisations, protecting athletes, especially the youngest, from health and safety hazards by improving training and competition conditions, etc.
Department for developing and implementing the EU project consists of 3 persons (project manager and 2 expert assistants), that are constantly supported by the Sports program manager and Financial manager.
Partner: Ginásio Clube Português
Ginásio Clube Português (GCP) was founded in 1875 and is considered the most eclectic club in the country. It has long been considered a public interest entity due to its long-standing concept of a club with sport, social and cultural aims.
GCP has great traditions in the field of Gymnastics, Fencing and Judo, but has also been a pioneer of various sporting modalities. GCP distinguishes itself in the field of full amateurism, is governed by the highest ethical values of sport, contributing to the proper education of youth with a recognizable role in the development of the country.
There are 9990 club members in the GCP: 4770 practising sports at club headquarters and 2500 in the swimming pool. GCP Judo Class have about 160 Judo players, from 4 to 65 years old. A scientific centre of innovation and collaboration between researchers, health professionals, coaches and exercise physiologists, aiming to respond to the needs raised by both the Department of Sports Training and the Department of Exercise and Health. Under the motto Applying Scientific Research in the Life-Course Analysis of Exercise, Health and Sports Performance, the GCP Lab conducts intervention studies recurring to cardiovascular ultrasonography, continuous blood pressure monitoring devices, arterial stiffness and central blood pressure measurements, direct oxygen uptake measured continuously using a gas analyser, and accelerometry, among others.
GCP is currently carrying out a number of funded developmental projects which are focused on physical and psychological wellness and the specific situation of social exclusions.
GCP LAB - A scientific centre of innovation and collaboration between researchers, health professionals, coaches and exercise physiologists, aiming to respond to the needs raised by both the Department of Sports Training and the Department of Exercise and Health. Under the motto Applying Scientific Research in the Life-Course Analysis of Exercise, Health and Sports Performance, the GCP Lab conducts intervention studies recurring to cardiovascular ultrasonography, continuous blood pressure monitoring devices, arterial stiffness and central blood pressure measurements, direct oxygen uptake measured continuously using a gas analyser, and accelerometry, among others.
With the experts in the sports field (trainers, coaches, sports education teachers, kinesiologists ...) we can contribute with knowledge, share our experience and good governance in different sports programs.
Partner: The Polisportiva Villanova ASD Judo Libertas
The Polisportiva Villanova ASD Judo Libertas, is one of the historical and important sports clubs of Pordenone. It was founded in 1979 by the collaboration between Don Romano, Edoardo Muzzin and La Festa in Piazza, and was officially established in 1981, in the homonymous district south of Pordenone, is affiliated to the Fijlkam Federation and the Libertas Sports Promotion Agency. In 2010 he received the CONI Bronze Star for sporting merit.
After more than four decades of successes and sacrifices, the European Championships has been organized in 2010, and not least the 2012 Judo-Kata World Championship, always reaching first places in the National Ranking of the best Judo Companies.
The Association develops various cultural initiatives and many proposals that focus on the Culture of sport, Judo and the education of young people.
In 2013 it received the Libertas award "Sport improves your life" for intervention in areas of hardship as a tool for social integration.
Numerous National and International events have been organized, most notably the Trofeo Villanova, now in its 36th edition. The event entered the circuit of the European Federation of Judo and has been part of the European Cup race for twelve years.
He has been collaborating for years with the institutions of the territory, in particular with the Municipality of Pordenone, organizing soft gymnastics courses for elderly silver cardholders, for self-defence in high schools and with the 2nd Circolo di Pordenone through judo courses in primary schools.
The Association collaborated with schools, through the project "The teaching continuity, from physical literacy to sport for all" it wants to improve inclusion and integration pathways in schools, to renew the actions for the development of teachers' skills setting the attention to aspects of physical activity, such as communication with students.
In November 2018 he received recognition for the virtuous collaboration in the inclusion, training and socio-occupational paths made in the Pordenone area by the municipal administration of Pordenone.